Sugar arrangements come with specifics, one of which is the sugar daddy contract. A sugar baby/sugar daddy relationship is quite contractional in nature, which makes contract no surprise, especially as financial arrangements are involved.
But what is a sugar daddy contract exactly? Do all sugar daddy agreements need it? We’ll talk about everything you need to know about sugar daddy contracts and even give you a template. Read on!
What is a sugar daddy contract?
A sugar daddy contract is an oral or written sugar daddy agreement that is created to make sugar relationships easier, as both parties know their rights and obligations.
Also, a sugar baby contract can be legally certified. But a legal sugar daddy contract usually makes sense for long-term relationships. If you are not sure how long will your mutually beneficial arrangement last, you can opt for it later on, as it’s mutually legally binding.
What should a sugar daddy contract consist of?
Even though each sugar relationship is different, most sugar baby arrangement examples are quite similar. It makes it possible to single out must-have paragraph in our sugar baby sample contracts.
Personal information: name/address/phone number
In some sugar daddy arrangements, sugar baby and sugar daddy use fake names, but a written contract is a legal document, and thus it requires the real names.
Type of mutually beneficial arrangement
There are various types of sugar dating—platonic, cyber, and traditional sugar relationships, mentorship, or travel sugar baby relationship. You don’t need to pick just one from these mutually beneficial relationship types, but you must include the ones you’d like to have it to provide clear sugar baby/sugar daddy terms.
When writing a sugar baby contract it’s important to specify the start date and duration of the sugar daddy agreement. On average, the duration is everywhere between 3 months to 1 year.
Usually, a sugar baby and a sugar daddy agree on non-disclosing all the terms of the sugar relationship easily, as it if beneficial for them both. But there also might be additional confidentiality requirements.
Termination of the sugardaddy contracts
This part regulates under what conditions the contract is terminated. Also, this part of the contract covers details of the compensation, if any.
Some sugar dating contracts may include test periods, for example, to see if there is any chemistry or to find out if there can be any unforeseen circumstances. A test period is the best way to go about such relationships, as you can break the sugar baby arrangement without any compensation.
Main points of arrangement for sugar daddies
Here are the key points of a sugar baby agreement for sugar daddy:
- Expectations from a sugar baby. As a sugar baby provides ‘services’, she should know what exactly a sugar daddy needs. It could be traveling with sugar baby, visiting business events, and more. Also, you should add under what circumstances a sugar baby can refuse.
- Frequency of meetings. Be very specific, as it’s usually quite a controversial question. Put in how many dates per week/month you want to have, and how often you’d like to go on vacations or travel abroad.
- Additional desires. Some sugar daddies might add extras to the contract, like never changing the color of hair or staying in approximately the same shape.
Adding that many details might be tedious, but that makes sugar daddy arrangements easier in the long run.
Main points of arrangement for sugar babies
Here are the most important parts of the contract that a sugar baby should not miss:
- Financial support. The financial aspect of mutually beneficial arrangements always comes with a lot of questions. Specifying how and when to provide financial support, payment way, and ability to renegotiate monthly allowance.
- Additional sugar arrangement needs. This section is suitable for any other sugar baby needs like tuition payments, monetary compensation for traveling (if the two live in different states or cities), living expenses, or even regularity of expensive gifts.
- Level of exclusivity. A contract should specify if your sugar baby can meet other sugar daddies or have a regular dating relationship. Some choose to have a fully NSA mutual agreement, while other sugar daddies choose total exclusivity. A professional advice—if you choose open sugar baby arrangement, be specific about how other beneficial arrangements affect yours (e.g., clashing of sugar dates).
Taking into account those key factors, creating a contract may take a lot of time. Still, it will specify the conditions and financial obligations that make both partners treat beneficial arrangements responsibly.
Bonus: Sugar daddy contract template
You’ve read everything about what regulates a mutually beneficial arrangement, but a sugar daddy contract template always comes in handy.
Why sugar baby contract is important?
Having a contract is not an obligation in a mutually beneficial relationship, but it makes a sugar arrangement easier and safer.
- Both parties are protected by the law
- Both sugar baby and sugar daddy have clear expectations and mutual agreement on fulfilling their part of the deal
- No unexpected changes in the dating arrangement
Detailed conditions and clear sugar daddy terms work great for long-term relationships, as they help the parties to the agreement avoid miscommunication and dispute resolution.