A sugar daddy, sugar baby, and sugar dating aren’t the new words anymore. Sugar culture is getting more and more mainstream, but the truth is, if a person doesn’t have any sugar dating experience yet, they may believe in many myths about this world. How to distinguish truth from misconceptions? How do mutually beneficial relationships really work? You’ll find all the answers in this guide.
What is sugar dating?
According to recent studies, sugar dating is not only not stigmatized in the modern world, but it’s becoming a more and more socially encouraged social practice. But why? Because contrary to popular belief, a sugar relationship isn’t just about paid sex.
So, what is sugar dating? It’s a relationship where one of the partners, a sugar baby, is compensated by another partner for their time. Special attention should be paid to the word time. What exactly does it mean? It means a lot of things—companionship, friendship, emotional connection, texting, dates in restaurants, and nights together, but sex is never the only and primary goal.
People usually express their worries towards the issue of consent, but it’s a must—a sugar baby can initiate, delay or end intimacy, and that’s what makes a sugar relationship more like a traditional relationship than a purely transactional relationship.
Types of sugar relationships
A sugar baby and a sugar daddy are the ones who set the terms, so every sugar arrangement is unique. Still, we can distinguish some common types of sugar relationships, which are as follows:
- Casual sugar relationships. Basically, they’re pretty similar to traditional casual relationships. A sugar daddy and a sugar baby meet from time to time, enjoy their time together, and build an emotional connection (but not a deep one). Such couples often choose the PPM payment type (pay per meet).
- Long-term sugar relationships. This is even more like regular dating—sugar daddies and sugar babies can date each other for years, spending time with and without sex, going on trips, attending parties, having 4 dates a week, etc. In this case, sugar daddies and sugar babies usually choose a monthly allowance.
- Long-distance/online sugar relationships. There are sugar babies and sugar daddies who don’t meet in real life or do it rarely. In this case, couples spend most of their time online and usually also get intimate. The payments virtual sugar babies receive are much lower than the payments offline sugar babies usually get.
- Platonic sugar relationship. This is the rarest type of sugar relationship, where partners enjoy spending time together but don’t have sex.
There may be variations—in the sugar world, each couple is free to set the rules, but these are the scenarios that sugar daddies and sugar babies choose most frequently.
How to start a sugar relationship?
How to do everything right and succeed on sugar dating sites? Here’s a simple yet effective algorithm:
- Set your priorities and goals. If you know what exactly you are looking for (type of sugar relationship, age of the partner, preferred conditions and terms of an arrangement), it’ll be easier for you to make the right choices in the future.
- Choose the right sugar daddy site or sugar daddy app. There are hundreds of sugar daddy dating sites—select the platform that meets your priorities and is likely to help you find a perfect match in the shortest term possible.
- Create a good sugar baby or a sugar daddy profile. Add your best photos, and describe yourself and your expectations in detail.
- Communicate with potential partners. Approach sugar daddies and sugar babies you meet on the site and ensure you can really be good matches for each other and have similar relationship expectations.
- Meet the best candidates in real life and start a sugar relationship. Don’t delay real meetings for too long. After all, real dates help sugar babies and sugar daddies find out if there’s that chemistry between them.
As you can see, getting your first sugar dates isn’t that hard if you know exactly what you are looking for.
How to succeed in a sugar relationship?
What else both sugar babies and sugar daddies should know about sugar dating? Here are some most useful tips for successful men and younger women who’re going to start their first mutually beneficial relationships:
- Never hide anything from potential sugar babies or sugar daddies, for example, your marital status—it’s all about transparency.
- Know what you want and learn what your partner is actually looking for.
- Remember that sugar dating isn’t just about sex.
- Romance and affection are the things that make sugar relationships truly satisfying for both, so look for a partner carefully.
- Don’t be afraid to talk about money—it’s just necessary in the sugar world.
- Meet your new partners in public places.
- Learn more about the costs of dating a sugar baby in your region and set/offer the right price.
- You should always be careful when looking for wealthy men or hot ladies, even on the best sugar daddy websites—scammers are real.
- Learn how to negotiate.
- Remember that both a sugar baby and a sugar daddy can end a relationship at any time, so don’t expect there’ll be any guarantees.
These are the things to keep in mind when using a sugar daddy website to meet partners—they will help you avoid common mistakes and disappointments and have a good experience overall.
At the time when SugarBook was a sugar daddy dating site, it was collecting and sharing some interesting statistics. A few years ago, there were over 3,000,000 sugar baby students in the US, and now this number is expected to be much higher. Sugar dating is now common, and if you’re considering the idea of becoming a sugar baby or a sugar daddy yourself, just make sure you know your priorities and choose the best sugar daddy site that will help you find a perfect partner soon.
It’s hard to say that there are the best of the best sugar daddy sites. There are many good sugar daddy dating platforms, and every sugar baby/sugar daddy should choose the site that meets their personal criteria and can help find a perfect match as soon as possible. Still, there’s the world’s most popular sugar dating website with real members and good features—Secret Benefits, so you can choose it if you’re looking for a win-win option.
Sugar daddy websites, as well as sugar dating itself, are perfectly legal. The thing is, sugar daddies and sugar babies are actually dating—contrary to popular belief, they don’t just meet for sex. Sugar dating is also about companionship, communication, friendship, and affection, so it can’t be considered sex work. Financial compensation is rather a gift than payment for sexual favors.
A sugar relationship is like a traditional relationship, but there’s always financial compensation. Just like a traditional relationship, it can be different—you can meet from time to time to go for dinner, chat, enjoy intimacy, and meet the next week, or you can see each other 3 times a week and enjoy trips together, but in any case, a sugar baby is compensated for her time.