Established in 2006, Cougar Life is one of the oldest dating sites for sugar momma dating. In this CougarLife review, we’ll tell you everything about it!
How to use CougarLife?
First, you’ll have to create a profile on CougarLife. Once you sign up on CougarLife, you’ll be able to use the search function and browse profiles. This might be a bit confusing, especially if you’ve never used dating websites before — so we’ll begin this CougarLife review with a short guide on how to create an account and use the search tools on this platform.
- Click “View members”
- Enter your username, relationship status, location, DOB, ethnicity, and email into the registration form
- Open your email inbox and verify the email address (it’s not required, though)
That’s all — the registration process is extremely simple and fast here. After creating an account, you’ll be able to search for sugar mommas.
Looking for a Sugar Momma on Cougarlife.com
- Click “Discover” to start searching for mommas
- Use the search filters – such filters as age range, relationship goals, and location, are available
- If that’s not enough, click “More” – you’ll get 3 more search filters (ethnicity, body type, height)
- All these search tools are 100% free and available right after the registration
Once the search is completed, you can browse the profiles. Open any profile you like and take a look at it. The majority of profiles on CougarLife are detailed, with at least 5 photos and a detailed profile description. If you find such a profile, congratulations — it will be easy for you to begin the communication. Here are some useful tips that will help you with this step:
- Make sure your profile looks nice before sending a message to a sugar momma. Just walk in her shoes for a minute and you’ll get it — if her profile is active and detailed, she probably gets dozens of messages from potential sugar babies every single day. You’ll need to stand out from the crowd, and it’s impossible to stand out from the crowd if your profile is boring. Upload your best photos and don’t forget to write a catchy profile description first!
- Don’t use generic ice-breakers and be personal. Again, she probably gets a lot of generic messages from men and women — so you need to stand out from this crowd. Take a look at her photos, read her profile bio, ask her about her hobby, her job, or about her last trip. Be creative!
- Be honest and don’t try to play games with her. Well, she probably isn’t new to this sugar dating thing, so lying about your relationship goals, your experience, or your education/age/anything else will not lead to anything good.
- Discuss everything in advance, from your allowance (type? amount? pay per meet or monthly allowance?) to the boundaries (are you going to be exclusive? will you meet in person? public relationship or not?)
- No sex in the first messages (except for when otherwise stated by a momma, of course). Being overly sexual from the very beginning will most likely not lead anywhere.
Membership plans with costs
CougarLife is not a free dating website for sugar babies and for “cubs” in general. This isn’t the most common pattern for sugar dating platforms, of course — typically, they are paid for sugar mommas/daddies and free for babies, not vice versa. The good news is that CougarLife is quite affordable. There is no monthly premium membership here — this site has a credit system. You’ll need to buy some credits and then, you’ll be able to exchange them for various communication tools and services — you’ll be able to control your spending. Now, let’s be more detailed.
The free membership on CougarLife covers search filters, profile browsing, and even messaging — but not for all. As we’ve just said, this dating platform is free for sugar mommas — they don’t need to pay to send messages. Sugar babies, on the other hand, have to buy credits to begin communication with other users.
Features for free
- Profile browsing
- Viewing public photos
- Reading blog
- Contacting the support team
- Editing the profile
- Uploading photos
- Messaging (only for sugar mommas)
There are three credit packages available:
- 100 credits — $30
- 500 credits — $100
- 1,000 credits — $150
The last package allows the users who purchase it get their profiles highlighted in the search results — a perfect feature for those who want to increase their chances of finding a sugar momma.
- Sending messages to other members (if you’re a sugar baby) costs 9 credits
- Requesting private keys to view the private albums of other members
- Priority Mail — if you want your mail to get ranked higher in the recipient’s inbox, you’ll have to pay 14 credits for 1 mail (instead of 9 credits for a standard mail)
- Opening 1 mail from another member costs 5 credits
Pros & Cons of Using CougarLife.com
- A great mobile app for Apple devices — perfect for those who prefer mobile dating
- Easy-to-use and intuitive interface you won’t get confused with
- Free messaging for sugar mommas
- A lot of free search tools that make finding a perfect partner much easier
- No Android app — Android users will need to use the mobile version of the site
- Messaging is not free for sugar babies
- No ID/income verification for sugar mommas
CougarLife is one of the oldest sugar dating websites for those interested in sugar momma-sugar baby relationships. It’s a dating platform with convenient messaging tools, a lot of free services (messaging is also free for sugar mommas!), and a great mobile app (available for iOS users only).
According to our experience and to numerous CougarLife reviews, this sugar dating platform is legit. The profiles look very real here, there are lots of real people who’ve found a sugar momma/sugar baby on CougarLife, and the customer support blocks suspicious profiles quite fast.
CougarLife is pretty similar to classic, “vanilla” dating sites — you sign up, search for a partner, chat with them, and meet them in person, that’s all. The main difference is that CougarLife offers more advanced, premium services — that’s why it’s paid for sugar babies.