It’s no secret that sugar daddies are usually older than sugar babies. In particular, the average age of male benefactors is 45, while the average age of sugar babies is 26. How does the age gap affect the relationship? What are the actual pros and cons of such relationships, and how do such couples overcome difficulties? Find the answers in this guide.
What is dating an older sugar daddy like?
Generally speaking, this question should sound like ‘What is dating a sugar daddy like’—as we’ve already noted, the vast majority of sugar babies are dating older sugar daddies. A sugar relationship is compensated dating, a mutually beneficial relationship in which one of the partners, a sugar baby, is compensated by another partner, a sugar daddy, for their time. The average monthly allowance for a sugar baby is around $2,500, and the truth is often, mainly older, already successful sugar daddies can afford to pay it regularly.
If you want to better understand the nature of such relationships, take a look at the things they’re usually based on:
- Financial obligations—a sugar baby isn’t dating a sugar daddy for free, there’s always a monthly allowance or PPM (pay per meet).
- Companionship—a sugar baby and a sugar daddy are actually dating, and they usually develop authentic feelings (not necessarily love but affection and friendship).
- Intimacy—in most cases, partners have sex, which, however, isn’t the only purpose of this relationship (otherwise, without companionship, it’s sex work and not sugar dating).
For most sugar daddies and sugar babies, the age difference doesn’t matter. An older sugar daddy is usually a busy, active businessman who knows most modern trends and has a lot of knowledge and experience. Basically, that’s the reason why sugar babies are looking not only for benefactors but also for mentors.
Pros & cons of dating an older sugar daddy
If you join one of the best sugar daddy sites, you’ll meet a lot of older sugar daddies. Should you start dating one of them? Take a look at the pros and cons lists before making a decision.
- Generosity. Older sugar daddies dating young sugar babies are usually more generous than younger benefactors.
- Life experience. You’ll hardly get bored with a man who has thousands of stories to tell you.
- Mentorship. As we’ve noted previously, a sugar baby looking for new knowledge can ask a sugar daddy to become her mentor and share his experience in business, politics, science, and pretty much anything he is good at.
- Social stigma. If the age difference is around 20 years, there’s a chance that people will stare at you—this is not a problem for many sugar babies and sugar daddies, though.
- Lack of energy. If you’re dreaming of a partner who’ll spend a lot of time with you, and be incredibly adventurous and spontaneous, you probably shouldn’t choose a much older sugar daddy.
- Different interests. For some couples, it’s not a problem, but for some, it means no good conversations.
Do pros or cons seem more important to you? Consider your priorities and expectations—it will help you make the right choice.
Tips on dating an older sugar daddy
What rules does a sugar baby dating an older sugar daddy follow? Take a look at the five most important of them:
- Pay attention not only to the way you look but also to the way you talk—sometimes, a good conversation attracts a man even more.
- If you’re looking for mentorship, let your potential sugar daddy know.
- Don’t focus on the age difference—act like it doesn’t exist.
- If you realize that you don’t feel any chemistry between you two, don’t force yourself—dating an older man can be and should be a pleasant experience.
If you’re going to find a sugar daddy, no matter if it’s an older or a young one, make sure you also know other general rules of sugar dating. Remember them and these simple tips, and you’ll get both financial compensation and positive emotions.
People say old sugar daddy and imagine Anna Nicole Smith’s husband, but the truth is an older sugar daddy is usually a successful, active, and motivated man in his 40s or 50s. By the way, not all sugar daddies want to date 20-year-olds—more and more men prefer to date older sugar babies in their late 20s and 30s, just because they value not only chatting and intimacy but also deep conversations about important things. Generally speaking, age difference itself is usually less important than the rules and terms of sugar relationships.
All sugar babies seeking older sugar daddies just should choose one of the best sugar dating sites with legit profiles of potential benefactors, create a good profile, describe their expectations about a relationship, and communicate with matches until they find a perfect sugar daddy.
All sugar dating sites have their advantages and drawbacks—it’s important to choose the platform that’s likely to work best for you. Still, now, there are 3 best sugar daddy sites in the market—Secret Benefits, SugarDaddy.com, and Ashley Madison. If you learn more about each of them, you’ll be able to make the right choice.